Ok...so let me get my training over with because I have something more inspiring to talk about!!
TUESDAY~
Strength Work~
1x20 Jerk (didn't do...because of my back and hip)
1x20 Front Squat @ 75
worked on Muscle Up and HSPU
WOD~
5 Rounds For Time ~ 3:46
5 Power Cleans @ 75 (only 50% bw)
15 Push Ups
WEDNESDAY~
Strength Work~
1x20 Clean Pulls @ 80
1x20 DL @ 80
WOD~ (felt strong..even though my hip was clicking the ENTIRE TIME)
For time: 13:36
20 Kettlebell Swings @ 35
20 Step Ups
20 Back Squats @ 115
20 Kettlebell Swings @ 35
20 Step Ups
18 Back Squats @ 115
20 Kettlebell Swings @ 35
20 Step Ups
16 Back Squats @ 115
20 Kettlebell Swings @ 35
20 Step Ups
14 Back Squats @ 115
AND SERIOUSLY CAN WE HAVE A BREAK FROM DL'S!!!
Ok so now to the INSPIRING talk!!!
I have been training my best friend, Lydia, and her sister-in-law, Kristine. Let me talk about Lydia first!
Lydia started by giving me tons of excuses...and I mean anything you can think of...I finally told her if you want to keep giving excuses and killing yourself GO AHEAD!! You see Lydia has 2 kids who have diabetes...she is so busy keeping them alive and another child with severe asthma and allergies and busy keeping him alive too...she FORGOT ALL ABOUT HER!! I told her how is she going to make sure they are going to LIVE IF SHE IS DEAD!! I told her she needs to REFIND HER...she needs to find what makes HER HAPPY and in turn it is going to trickle down into her family! Lydia began XFit June 2...she also started Paleo/Zone...and she is doing great!! She loves her WOD's she actually hates her REST DAYS, but undertands why she needs them! She has her cheat meals (or her cheat drinks)...I tell her not to deprive herself! What is even better her oldest son, has been doing P90x and is pushing her! The other night my daughter was over there and put her daughter through a WOD and now she is even hooked!! YOU JUST GOTTA LOVE IT!! Her family is going to become CROSSFITTERS FOR LIFE!!
Now to Lydia's sis-in-law, Kristine!! OMG...what an amazing story!! She thinks she doesn't have an inspirational story...yet she has become one to me!! On Tuesday evening she came to my house and did her WOD with me. What was great was that her 5 yr old daughter did it with us. What was even better was that Kristine had to ask her daughter to move out of her way so she could knock out her push ups!! WOO HOO! Well Kristine has been blogging (http://kristine-icalldoover.blogspot.com/2010/06/this-has-become-viral.html) and yesterday she went outside to do her WOD with her children in tow! They wanted to join! Well her neighbor asked what she was doing, so Kristine shared and her neighbor asked if she could do it with her and her 3 kids wanted to do it too!! So all 5 did the WOD yesterday TOGETHER!! A NEIGHBORHOOD WOD!! How flippin cool is that!! Krisitne is touching her community by her story!! I can't wait for more to come of this!! Kristine has no clue how inspiring she truly is!! She is making strides in so many areas...even the baby steps are HUGE!! I am INSPIRED daily by her...which makes me love the dream I am going after more everyday!!
THANK YOU LYDIA AND KRISTINE for letting me be a part of this in your life! :)
Thursday, June 17, 2010
My training...but more importantly the people I am training!!
at 5:52 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Girl, you are making me cry!! Wish I had read this on Friday, probably would not have ditched my WOD!! haha Love You and Appreciate you more everyday!
It's just the beginning..it's a new way of living...u r doing great...all these baby steps are HUGE and you will see such a difference not just physically but mentally!! Love ya too!!
Post a Comment